J.D., LL.B., LL.M.(ADR), Acc. FM / Cert. F. Med
Hilary Linton is a Toronto lawyer, mediator, arbitrator and teacher. After litigating family and civil disputes for 14 years, she started Riverdale Mediation which is internationally recognized for high quality dispute resolution services and innovative ADR training.
Teaching hundreds of adults every year, Hilary and her team at Riverdale have designed a wide range of courses, including:
- A family mediation certificate program,
- Courses in family arbitration and parenting coordination
- Family law for FDR professionals
- Identifying, assessing and managing risk and power imbalance in family dispute resolution
- Mediation for civic leaders, social workers and police officers
- restorative justice processes for at risk youths
Hilary has been honoured with the inaugural James G. McLeod Professorship in Family Law at Western University Law School, and the Ontario Bar Association Award of Excellence in ADR in 2014. She has taught many ADR courses as an adjunct professor at Osgoode Hall Law School, Western Law and Toronto Advanced Professional Education.