- “Thank you so much for your help on this difficult day. Both you and your "assistant" were fantastic. A very sincere thanks.”
- “Thank you for providing me with such a great internship opportunity. The courses, the mediations, the learning, the support with scheduling, pens and tissues- it's all really appreciated!”
— Veronica Van Dam
- Recent Blog Posts
- The ‘P’s of Mediation, Negotiation, Arbitration and Collaborative Law “There are so many divorce options: litigation, mediation, negotiation, collaborative law. How do I ...
- How Can I (and My Lawyer) Help Prepare for Mediation? Often clients starting mediation do not realize that they are beginning a negotiation. Many have no ...
- Overview of Family Relations (3 of 3) A mediator’s tool kit is made up of many things. How we ask questions, the language we use, and how ...
Category Archives: First Nations
The National Self Represented Litigants Project just published an “Open Letter to the Canadian Judiciary”. It is a thoughtful and… Continue Reading Self represented litigants: Mediation: Is there hope?
Christine Kim writes about the value we all derive from the great organization, the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, as she heads off to a conference…. Continue Reading AFCC’s 49th Annual Conference in Chicago
What do mediators need to know about what they don’t know about cultural differences? … Continue Reading Cultural differences matter
Why is it that even the most experienced and skilled mediators make serious mistakes when it comes to understanding culture?… Continue Reading Culture and Mediation: a complex issue
The Globe and Mail series on Nunavut features, today, the lovely man who took me dog sledding just a few days ago! Read about it here…. Continue Reading Hello Nunavut II