- “Thank you so much for your help on this difficult day. Both you and your "assistant" were fantastic. A very sincere thanks.”
- “Thank you for providing me with such a great internship opportunity. The courses, the mediations, the learning, the support with scheduling, pens and tissues- it's all really appreciated!”
— Veronica Van Dam
- Recent Blog Posts
- UK Parenting Coordination (PC) Roadshows It was back in 2016 that London England based Family Law in Partnership (FLiP) founder Gillian Bisho...
- What is causing "the perceived injurious experience"? What is causing the "the perceived injurious" experience? What drives conflict? How does each pa...
- Identifying and Assessing Family Violence and Power Dynamics What are the fundamental principles of ADR? What are some basic screening concepts I should ...
Tag Archives: family law
Our team had a wonderful experience working with the mediators of the Barbados Supreme Court. The training was funded by… Continue Reading What We Learned Training Mediators in Barbados
I was recently told by a client that her lawyer discouraged her from trying mediation, claiming it is too “touchy-feely”. This rant is for that lawyer…. Continue Reading What is mediation?: rantings from a family mediator
Family arbitration is a very different process from mediation, and yet they are often confused. Arbitration is a process whereby… Continue Reading Family Arbitration: Exploring Your Options in Dispute Resolution
The theme for FDRWeek this year was “FDRevolution”, highlighting the emerging revolutionary changes and innovative techniques, products, services and complexities… Continue Reading Access To Justice : Community Realities
As a mediator, mediation and negotiation trainer, and provider of court-connected dispute resolution services, issues of professionalism and professional ethics… Continue Reading Professionalism in an Adversarial Legal World
FDRIO’s recent Unconference on May 4th introduced legal professionals to the perspective of LGBTQ+ parents in family law. Guest speakers… Continue Reading Transforming Family Law: Legal Education and Transgender Parents