September 18 & 19 , 2017
Toronto, ON (Location TBD)
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Basic mediation training (Acc. F.M. / Cert. F.M.)
- Mediation experience
FDRIO is currently the only organization that offers certification for the PC designation (FDRP PC). Please visit their website for further information on the FDRP PC Designation (including training requirements).
This interactive two-day workshop explores the fundamentals of the Parenting Coordination (PC) process. It will assist professionals to:
- Understand the elements of the PC process
- Define the PC’s scope of authority
- Differentiate the PC role from other related roles
- Establish a clear, effective PC contract
- Implement effective techniques to identify, assess and manage power imbalances including family violence
- Apply their understanding of high-conflict dynamics to the PC process
- Help parties identify the impact of high conflict on themselves and their children
- Identify strategies for effective conflict management
- Avoid alignment with a party through self-check for bias
- Refine skills and strategies to help parents reduce conflict and improve communication
- Achieve a basic level of understanding of arbitration in the Pc context
- Draft effective communications and decisions.
Elizabeth Hyde and Jared Norton
- Standard Cost: $800 plus HST ($904)
- Early Bird Cost: $750.00 plus HST ($847.50) – paid before August 18, 2017
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. If you are having troubles, contact email@example.com.
Registration closes 5 days prior to the start of the course. Full payment is due before registration can be confirmed.
Course Cancellation Policy:
(1) A 15% admin fee (plus HST) will be charged on cancellations made more than 14 days before the start date of the training date; (2) For cancellation requests received less than 14 days before the start date of the training, we reserve the right to not issue a refund given the expenses incurred to accommodate the participant, such as overhead, training materials, food and instructor costs.
We reserve the right to change program content, speakers and locations without notice. We reserve the right to cancel any workshop and will provide a 100% refund in such circumstances.
“I loved Jared, he is an excellent instructor! I got so much from him. He kept me engaged the entire two days.”
“(I liked the) Perspectives of experts in social work / legal field / mental health area.”
– 2016 participant
“The course info was well covered and applicable to the topic! Trainer was excellent and engaging…self-reflective and insightful.”
“Highly experienced facilitators – lots of practical tips.” – 2016 participant
“Very informative…good materials, thoroughly enjoyed the course – looking forward to the next (Arbitration Law for Parenting Coordinators)” – Kristy Katul
“Course content was engaging.” – 2016 participant
“Very engaged, knowledgeable presenters. Good balance between Clinicians and Legal Professional”
“Thorough Overview” – Rosa Barraco