|Description||Note: CPD credit renewal pending. The following is based on previous accreditation. This program has been accredited by the Law Society for 2.5 Professionalism Hours and 10.5 Substantive hours. A comprehensive and practical workshop designed to familiarize lawyers and other professionals with the fundamentals of family arbitration practice and law, including:
Materials include: Mediation-arbitration/arbitration agreements; check lists; case law excerpts; samples of procedural directions, interim and final awards; and journal articles.
|Instructors||Elizabeth Hyde and Hilary Linton|
|Registration||CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. If you are having troubles, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration closes a week prior. A 15% admin fee (plus HST) will be charged on cancellations; and no refunds are payable within seven business days of the course. Full payment is due before registration can be confirmed.We reserve the right to change program content, speakers and locations without notice. We reserve the right to cancel any workshop and will provide a 100% refund in such circumstances.
|Purchase Options||$825 plus HST ($932.25)
Early bird cost: $759.00 plus HST ($857.67)
– pay by October 20, 2015
For further savings see Course Packages
|Course Flyer (click to view)|
|Testimonials||“Provided the tools to get started”
“Excellent workshop, would attend a sequel”“Excellent presentation and discussion, clear information”“I loved Hilary’s approach, I feel confident in what I need to do. She is very common sense and explains basic principles well”
- Upcoming Courses 2017“Thank you so much for your help on this difficult day. Both you and your "assistant" were fantastic. A very sincere thanks.”“Hilary, thank you again for whatever magic that you wielded yesterday. I am feeling like the weight of the world has been released from my shoulders. You can now add Miracle Worker to your impressive list of accomplishments.”Recent Blog Posts
- The ‘P’s of Mediation, Negotiation, Arbitration and Collaborative Law “There are so many divorce options: litigation, mediation, negotiation, collaborative law. How do I ...
- How Can I (and My Lawyer) Help Prepare for Mediation? Often clients starting mediation do not realize that they are beginning a negotiation. Many have no ...
- Overview of Family Relations (3 of 3) A mediator’s tool kit is made up of many things. How we ask questions, the language we use, and how ...
- “Very intense, interesting, excellent text and readings, excellent instructors.”
- “I really appreciated what you have crafted and the clarity and detail of the draft agreement is reassuring and comforting to me. Thank you.”
- “Hilary is a highly-regarded mediator with a sense of commitment and clarity that is much appreciated by clients. She has the ability to ...diffuse and reduce the conflict and to help instill focus and rationality at a difficult time.”
— Sheila Holmes, Basman Smith, Barrister and Solicitor
- “Great course Hilary! Got me thinking about issues that i have not considered before.”
— Paul Slan
- “Christine Kim is solution oriented, and helps separating couples move forward effectively, and with a focus on their children.”
— Lene Madsen, Family Law Lawyer
- “S. and I have reconciled and are currently doing pretty well. I am optimistic that we will be able to work through our issues and stay together....thank you for your help.”
- “Thank you for all your help during this most up-happy time. I appreciated your letter last week and take seriously your note regarding protecting the children from the conflict.”
- “Elizabeth successfully mediated a resolution using her knowledge and professionalism. She also demonstrated significant patience,
understanding and the ability to manage difficult parties with unusual family dynamics. Without these traits, a resolution would not have been possible. I would attend with her again and I have already recommended her services to others.”
— Annie Kenet, Family Law Lawyer
- “Presenters provided a good mix of styles, backgrounds and unique cases for discussion. They were organized and also flexible. I look forward to the advanced course!”
— Dr. Dan Ashbourne
- “Thank you for all your hard work during our mediation. We really appreciate all your sincere efforts to make the mediation fruitful.”
- “Overall VERY effective teacher, very approachable and knowledgeable and created a great class environment.”
- “These parties have been fighting for almost two years, and you finished it off yesterday. I really appreciate your efforts, as does my client.”
- “Thank you to both you and (your intern) Regina for assisting me in moving forward and reducing the conflict for me, my daughter, and the rest of my family. I think you "handled" both parties very well.”
- “I want to express to you my strong gratitude for the excellent and stimulating mediation training offered. All of us are so enthusiastic about our experience in Rankin Inlet.”
— Janet Rowsell, Maliiganik Tukisiiniakvik Legal Services Centre
- “This has been the best experience that I have had as an adult learner in a training. What made it so was the theory taken into practice with coaches and paid actors. Fantastic!”
— Spring 2013 participant
- “Hilary is both accessible and engaging in her presentation. Never felt "bored". Her tone and style were extremely engaging. Charming!”
- “Thank you for your continued guidance and support. Mediation has, I believe, been the best way for us to work through what is best for our kids and fair to us both.”
- “Mediation went very well. We had two appointments with Susan Jack. She was great. Thanks for all of your help, mediation made everything go so much more smoothly.”
- “A wealth of experiences and information. The fact that no one pretended to know all made this course very attractive, natural and high quality.”
- “Loved Hilary's approach. I feel confident in what I need to do. She is very "common sense" and explains basic principles well.”
- “Thank you so much for your support and assistance during the mediation and arbitration processes. We now are managing well, including our son. Thanks and best regards.”