On Identifying, Assessing And Managing Power Imbalances And Risk In FDR
April 16, 2018
Toronto, ON (Location TBD)
This one-day intensive program is designed to provide the bi-annual training on “screening for power imbalances” in arbitration as required by Ontario’s Ministry of the Attorney General. Using lectures, real case studies, statute and case law review, social science research and precedents, students will be introduced to:
- What are the predictors of risk?
- Examples of high-risk cases
- Culture and Power Imbalance in FDR practice
- Demonstration of a screening/intake interview
- Screening in court-connected mediation and in med-arb.
- Understanding suicide risks
- Understanding safety planning
- Effective third-party screening processes
Hilary Linton with guest speakers.
Standard Cost: $300 plus HST ($339)
*no early bird*
Registration closes 5 days prior to the start of the course. Full payment is due before registration can be confirmed.
Course Cancellation Policy:
(1) A 15% admin fee (plus HST) will be charged on cancellations made more than 14 days before the start date of the training date; (2) For cancellation requests received less than 14 days before the start date of the training, we reserve the right to not issue a refund given the expenses incurred to accommodate the participant, such as overhead, training materials, food and instructor costs.
We reserve the right to change program content, speakers and locations without notice. We reserve the right to cancel any workshop and will provide a 100% refund in such circumstances.
“Materials very good; well-organized; provides for re-visiting and referencing. Your experience and insight provided a basis for meaningful answers and insights over a broad range of mediation issues.”
“(Great) diversity of participants – backgrounds, knowledge, and skill level, enthusiasm and openness to sharing.”
‘’You did an excellent job of delivering the training and I genuinely appreciate your dedication to the job at hand. You added a lot of value to the process. Thanks.”
“High level of intellectual content – much of it “new” information and presenters are current.”
“Fabulous resource material. Hilary and Christine are impeccably professional generous with their knowledge.”
“Wide variety of issues with very practical applications.”
“Very important subject matter presented in a very helpful way.”
“I am surprised by how much I learned. Not because of the instruction, but because I came in feeling that I had been through this type of material several times before. Thank you for the ongoing education and a change to revisit what I thought I knew”
(click icon below to view PDF version)