|Description||Note: CPD credit renewal pending. The following is based on previous accreditation. This program has been accredited by the Law Society for 2.5 Professionalism Hours and 10.5 Substantive hours. A comprehensive and practical workshop designed to familiarize lawyers and other professionals with the fundamentals of family arbitration practice and law, including:
Materials include: Mediation-arbitration/arbitration agreements; check lists; case law excerpts; samples of procedural directions, interim and final awards; and journal articles.
|Instructors||Elizabeth Hyde and Hilary Linton|
|Registration||CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. If you are having troubles, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration closes a week prior. A 15% admin fee (plus HST) will be charged on cancellations; and no refunds are payable within seven business days of the course. Full payment is due before registration can be confirmed.We reserve the right to change program content, speakers and locations without notice. We reserve the right to cancel any workshop and will provide a 100% refund in such circumstances.
|Purchase Options||$825 plus HST ($932.25)
Early bird cost: $759.00 plus HST ($857.67)
– pay by October 20, 2015
For further savings see Course Packages
|Course Flyer (click to view)|
|Testimonials||“Provided the tools to get started”
“Excellent workshop, would attend a sequel”“Excellent presentation and discussion, clear information”“I loved Hilary’s approach, I feel confident in what I need to do. She is very common sense and explains basic principles well”
- Upcoming Courses 2017“Thank you so much for your help on this difficult day. Both you and your "assistant" were fantastic. A very sincere thanks.”Recent Blog Posts
- UK Parenting Coordination (PC) Roadshows It was back in 2016 that London England based Family Law in Partnership (FLiP) founder Gillian Bisho...
- What is causing "the perceived injurious experience"? What is causing the "the perceived injurious" experience? What drives conflict? How does each pa...
- Identifying and Assessing Family Violence and Power Dynamics What are the fundamental principles of ADR? What are some basic screening concepts I should ...
- “This was a great course, and very well planned. The discussions, summaries, and lectures were very easy to understand and really showed me how much I enjoyed family law.”
- “I really appreciated what you have crafted and the clarity and detail of the draft agreement is reassuring and comforting to me. Thank you.”
- “Hilary is a highly-regarded mediator with a sense of commitment and clarity that is much appreciated by clients. She has the ability to ...diffuse and reduce the conflict and to help instill focus and rationality at a difficult time.”
— Sheila Holmes, Basman Smith, Barrister and Solicitor
- “Excellent discussion of issues which need attention and development of go forward plan.”
- “Hilary is an excellent presenter. She listens and provides great feedback, with all comments being for the betterment of the group. Her knowledge and care for her clients is clearly evident.”
- “Ms. Linton works with families in crisis in a fair, equitable and balanced manner. I would highly recommend her as an excellent mediator for family law clients.”
— Mary Reilly, Barrister and Solicitor
- “Thank you for all your help during this most up-happy time. I appreciated your letter last week and take seriously your note regarding protecting the children from the conflict.”
- “Hilary, thank you again for whatever magic that you wielded yesterday. I am feeling like the weight of the world has been released from my shoulders. You can now add Miracle Worker to your impressive list of accomplishments.”
- “Overall, an excellent course. I have already recommended it to colleagues”
— Aaron Franks
- “Your experience with pensions and your background research was invaluable in bringing these parties close together. Your mediation skills are excellent, we came a long way with your help.”
- “Learned a lot and obviously very knowledgeable in this area. I feel that I've learned many practical skills.”
- “These parties have been fighting for almost two years, and you finished it off yesterday. I really appreciate your efforts, as does my client.”
- “Thank you to both you and (your intern) Regina for assisting me in moving forward and reducing the conflict for me, my daughter, and the rest of my family. I think you "handled" both parties very well.”
- “I want to express to you my strong gratitude for the excellent and stimulating mediation training offered. All of us are so enthusiastic about our experience in Rankin Inlet.”
— Janet Rowsell, Maliiganik Tukisiiniakvik Legal Services Centre
- “Hilary is fantastic in creating a knowledge base and making it meaningful for my practice.”
— CLEBC Screening course participant
- “Hilary is both accessible and engaging in her presentation. Never felt "bored". Her tone and style were extremely engaging. Charming!”
- “....thank you for the follow up. Something I rarely see these days professionally. Yes, everything settled and you can close the file. We are both moving forward and our daughter continues to be the focus of our new "partnership". Thank you for your help.”
- “Mediation went very well. We had two appointments with Susan Jack. She was great. Thanks for all of your help, mediation made everything go so much more smoothly.”
- “Great course. I really enjoyed it. Both heather Swartz and Barbara Benoliel's contributions were great. (Barbara Fidler too - her insight is always interesting). Thanks.”
- “Loved Hilary's approach. I feel confident in what I need to do. She is very "common sense" and explains basic principles well.”
- “Thank you so much for your support and assistance during the mediation and arbitration processes. We now are managing well, including our son. Thanks and best regards.”