Riverdale Mediation is frequently retained to design and deliver workshops for small groups of legal and other professionals. We will provide any of our standard courses in this manner. We can also design and deliver a customized combination of workshops to meet the needs of the group. We have provided such training to small groups of lawyers in Nunavut, Kingston, London, Ottawa, Nova Scotia and the U.K, among others. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want us to make a proposal.
- Upcoming Courses 2017“Thank you so much for your help on this difficult day. Both you and your "assistant" were fantastic. A very sincere thanks.”“Hilary, thank you again for whatever magic that you wielded yesterday. I am feeling like the weight of the world has been released from my shoulders. You can now add Miracle Worker to your impressive list of accomplishments.”Recent Blog Posts
- UK Parenting Coordination (PC) Roadshows It was back in 2016 that London England based Family Law in Partnership (FLiP) founder Gillian Bisho...
- What is causing "the perceived injurious experience"? What is causing the "the perceived injurious" experience? What drives conflict? How does each pa...
- Identifying and Assessing Family Violence and Power Dynamics What are the fundamental principles of ADR? What are some basic screening concepts I should ...
- “Great group. Covered a lot of material. Written resources very helpful.”
- “I really appreciated what you have crafted and the clarity and detail of the draft agreement is reassuring and comforting to me. Thank you.”
- “Hilary is a highly-regarded mediator with a sense of commitment and clarity that is much appreciated by clients. She has the ability to ...diffuse and reduce the conflict and to help instill focus and rationality at a difficult time.”
— Sheila Holmes, Basman Smith, Barrister and Solicitor
- “The material was presented in both an effective and engaging manner. The feedback was constructive and accompanied by suggestions and alternatives for practice. The class discussions, role plays and de-briefs provided a wonderful opportunity to reflect on and put into practice the lecture/reading material”
— Samantha Litchen
- “The material (Hilary) presented was effective and engaging. The feedback was constructive with suggestions and alternatives. The class discussions, role plays and de-briefs provided a wonderful opportunity to reflect on and put into practice the lecture/reading material.”
- “I wanted to thank you for your brilliant assistance in settling the X file yesterday. Your candour, integrity and thoughtfulness when dealing with the clients are skills that I respect and value. I am joyfully satisfied with the settlement.”
- “Thank you for all your help during this most up-happy time. I appreciated your letter last week and take seriously your note regarding protecting the children from the conflict.”
- “S. and I have reconciled and are currently doing pretty well. I am optimistic that we will be able to work through our issues and stay together....thank you for your help.”
- “Outstanding expertise!”
— Mary Kay Arundel
- “Thank you for all your hard work during our mediation. We really appreciate all your sincere efforts to make the mediation fruitful.”
- “Loved Hilary as a prof. It's very enriching to have a practitioner teach the course.”
- “These parties have been fighting for almost two years, and you finished it off yesterday. I really appreciate your efforts, as does my client.”
- “Thank you to both you and (your intern) Regina for assisting me in moving forward and reducing the conflict for me, my daughter, and the rest of my family. I think you "handled" both parties very well.”
- “I want to express to you my strong gratitude for the excellent and stimulating mediation training offered. All of us are so enthusiastic about our experience in Rankin Inlet.”
— Janet Rowsell, Maliiganik Tukisiiniakvik Legal Services Centre
- “Excellent course! Kept my attention. Lots of variety.”
— Linda Bleau
- “You did an excellent job of delivering the training and I genuinely appreciate your dedication to the job at hand. You added a lot of value to the process. Thanks!”
- “Even-handed and fair minded, and is a great assistance to me in knowing how to proceed when the going gets rough. Hilary and I both believe in lawyers and mediators working together, collaboratively, to help people reach a good settlement.”
— Sandra Demson, Barrister -Solicitor (retired)
- “Mediation went very well. We had two appointments with Susan Jack. She was great. Thanks for all of your help, mediation made everything go so much more smoothly.”
- “Great course. I really enjoyed it. Both heather Swartz and Barbara Benoliel's contributions were great. (Barbara Fidler too - her insight is always interesting). Thanks.”
- “Loved Hilary's approach. I feel confident in what I need to do. She is very "common sense" and explains basic principles well.”
- “Thank you so much for your support and assistance during the mediation and arbitration processes. We now are managing well, including our son. Thanks and best regards.”