This one-day intensive program is designed to provide the bi-annual training on “screening for power imbalances” in arbitration as required by Ontario’s Ministry of the Attorney General. Using lectures, real case studies, statute and case law review, social science research and precedents, students will be introduced to:
- What are the predictors of risk?
- Examples of high-risk cases
- Culture and Power Imbalance in FDR practice
- Demonstration of a screening/intake interview
- Screening in court-connected mediation and in med-arb.
- Understanding suicide risks
- Understanding safety planning
- Effective third-party screening processes