|October 3 – 27, 2024
|October 23, 2024, from 3:00 – 4:30 pm|
This program contains 3 hours and 45 minutes of Professionalism Content and 1 hour of EDI Professionalism Content.
This 10-Hour intensive program is designed to provide the bi-annual training on “screening for power imbalances” in arbitration as required by Ontario’s Ministry of the Attorney General. Topics will include:- Update on case law and screening tools
- Legislative changes and impact on parenting plans
- Perspectives from our Mediators-In-Training
- What Lawyers Who Act for DV Survivors Want You to Know
- Screening and Managing Power Imbalance in PC cases
- A Survivor’s Story
* PROGRAM START AND END DATES: Each program will be open for a four-week period. During that time, participants will have access to all “on-demand” course content and are expected to complete all units independently, including pre-recorded lectures/videos, assignments, and tests/quizzes.
** LIVE TUTORIALS: Tutorials will run on select Thursdays during the four-week period of each program (see training schedule for details). This synchronous portion will include live lectures, role-play, group work, and more. In order for participants to receive their certificate of training, they MUST attend all scheduled tutorials. Note: all scheduled tutorials are delivered via Zoom. Should public health conditions permit, we will also schedule in-person meetings for each cohort of students.