|May 9 –
June 9, 2023
|May 12, 2023
May 16, 2023
May 23, 2023
May 30, 2023
June 6, 2023
Tutorial sessions generally run between the hours of 3 pm – 7 pm. No sooner, no later. However, some tutorial sessions will be shorter in length (eg. 4 pm – 6 pm). Closer to the training date, the timing will be confirmed.
Screening for Family Violence (21 hours)
This program contains 5 hours and 25 minutes of Professionalism Content and 1 hour and 45 minutes of EDI Professionalism Content.
An intensive 40-hour program providing the fundamentals of family mediation theory and skills.
This dynamic, interactive program features leading family mediators, seminal materials, realistic role plays; relevant case studies; exercises; class discussion; take-home assignments; and extensive resource information.
- Hallmarks of disputing behaviour and the evolution of conflicts into disputes
- Tools to analyze the nature, causes and drivers of conflict
- Resources for identifying the diverse needs of all clients
- Sources of negotiation power that parties have or believe they have, how this impacts family dispute resolution and skills and tools to help manage the process.
- Responding to power imbalance resulting from systemic racism, inter-generational trauma, and associated barrriers to full, voluntary and effective participation in mediation
- Hearing the child’s voice in mediation
- Essential family mediation agreement terms and case law
- Fundamental principles and stages of family mediation
- Focused skill building: listening, communication and writing skills
- Intensive role plays with one-on-one coaching
- Effective parenting plan mediation: theory and skills
- Mediating income determination, child support and spousal support: law and skills
- Mediating property division: law and skills
- Skills and tips for drafting effective settlement documents
- High conflict parenting mediations
- Cultural safety in family mediation
- Recognizing ethical problems and identifying approaches for resolving them
- Standards of practice, certification options and starting your practice.
Course Manual, presentation slides, selected readings, case law and handouts.
For further savings, please see Course Packages page.
View our Course Policies & Terms and Conditions
How our Courses Work:
END DATES OF COURSES:
Each course is ‘open’ for roughly a four-week period. During that time, participants will have access to on-demand content for self-directed learning. Learners are required to complete the self-directed modules (including quizzes) before each mandatory-attendance Tutorial Session.
Live online Tutorials are scheduled at regular intervals during the course. Attendance is mandatory (see Training Schedule for dates and times of each). Led by experienced coaches, the Tutorials feature interactive role plays, small group discussion, case study and one-on-one feedback. Participants MUST attend all scheduled tutorials in order to receive their Certificate of Completion.
Each module of each course includes quizzes. Students must achieve at least a passing grade on all quizzes to advance to the next module or course, and to receive their Certificate of Completion for that course.