This course has been accredited for 0.75 Professionalism Hours, and is eligible for up to 12 hours of Substantive Content.
This interactive two-day workshop explores the fundamentals of the Parenting Coordination (PC) process. It will assist professionals to:
- Understand the elements of the PC process
- Define the PC’s scope of authority
- Differentiate the PC role from other related roles
- Establish a clear, effective PC contract
- Implement effective techniques to identify, assess and manage power imbalances including family violence
- Apply their understanding of high-conflict dynamics to the PC process
- Help parties identify the impact of high conflict on themselves and their children
- Identify strategies for effective conflict management
- Avoid alignment with a party through self-check for bias
- Refine skills and strategies to help parents reduce conflict and improve communication
- Achieve a basic level of understanding of arbitration in the Pc context
- Draft effective communications and decisions.
FDRIO is currently the only organization that offers certification for the PC designation (FDRP PC). Please visit their website for further information on the FDRP PC Designation (including training requirements).
For further savings see Course Package PC (A & B)