* WEBINAR FORMAT: REMOTE DELIVERY OF LIVE CONTENT *
This 40 hour, highly interactive, role-play based course is designed to meet the requirements for the FDRP Arb (Certified Specialist in Family Arbitration) and FDRP PC (Certified Specialist in Parenting Coordination) designations offered by FDRIO.
It is critical for parenting coordinators and family arbitrators to have solid grasp of arbitration law and procedure. In this practical and in-depth course, students will learn:
Substantive Knowledge Base
- Nature of conflict and conflict management, disputes and dispute resolution theory and principles, including definitions of ADR, negotiation, mediation, mediation-arbitration or med-arb, and arbitration)
- Principles of applicable law
- Arbitration Act, 1991, Family Arbitration Regulation, Family Law Act, and the family arbitration process
- Area-specific terminology and practice
- Interviewing prospective participants to inform them of the family arbitration process and assist them in making an informed choice
- Screening for domestic violence and power imbalances
- Preparing a Family Arbitration Agreement
- Conducting pre-hearing arbitration meeting(s)
- Managing the family arbitration process
- Appropriate communication skills and knowledge
- Conducting the arbitration hearing
- Application of the rules of evidence
- Assessing evidence
- Application of the applicable law
- Preparing the family arbitration record, award, and arbitrator report
- Adhering to FDRIO Standards of Practice and Standards of Practice for Family Arbitrators
To register for a single day of this program, click here.
Click here to view the complete training agenda for this program.
For further savings see: